Water’s Edge Resort and Spa – Westbrook, CT
Water’s Edge Resort and Spa | 1525 Boston Post Road | Westbrook, CT 06498 | 1-800-222-5901
Greetings! I just returned from an amazing stay at one of Connecticut’s most luxurious resorts, Water’s Edge Resort & Spa in Westbrook.
I was impressed from the moment I arrived! Here are my TOP 10 reasons why.
- LOCATION! The name “Water’s Edge” is extremely fitting as the resort is set along beautiful Long Island Sound and provides beachfront access and breathtaking ocean views from most of its accommodations.
My wife Jennifer and I arrived on a humid summer afternoon and were instantly refreshed as we toured the resort’s grounds by the cool ocean breeze. The views of the 20 oceanfront acres were absolutely stunning from both the resort grounds and our villa’s balcony.
- THE BEACH! Water’s Edge Resort & Spa has it’s own private beach and provides everything from private cabanas, beach chairs, umbrellas and water sport rentals. One of the most spectacular features is the shallow water allowing the guest the ability to walk to a private nearby island.
- ACCOMMODATIONS! There are 101 guestrooms and suites along with 68 villas. Jennifer and I were lucky enough to stay in one of the resort’s new beachfront villas. These ocean-front beauties overflow with luxurious amenities and design.
Each villa can accommodate up to six people and feature state-of-the-art-fully-equipped gourmet kitchens with Viking appliances, two full baths, elevator access, gas fireplaces, flat panel LCD televisions, spacious balconies, and private beach access.
The decor exudes contemporary New England charm and is among the best accommodations I have experienced here in New England.
A perfect retreat for families or couples! Some special features for villa guests include personal concierge services to facilitate reservations. A personal chef for hire in the evening. In-room spa treatments, and, for those interested in cooking, you can request a fully stocked fridge and pantry!
Villas range in size from 1,100 to 1,300 square feet and start at $5,000 per week. For a complete listing of available accommodations click HERE.
- DINING OPTIONS! Trust me, you will not go hungry at Water’s Edge Resort! As a matter of fact, you may have a hard time deciding where to dine with the great options available, and, if you are lucky enough to be there on a Sunday, you can enjoy Connecticut’s BEST brunch at The Restaurant at Water’s Edge!
You can choose from fine dining to waterfront dining to room service. Options include: Restaurant at Water’s Edge (Connecticut Magazine voted Water’s Edge Resort & Spa “The Best Sunday Brunch Statewide” and “The Best Hotel Dining Statewide”); Seaview Bistro & Martini Bar; Sunset Bar and Grill (open seasonally); Cappuccio Coffee Bar.
- THE SPA at WATER’S EDGE! You will find a wide range of spa services in a truly luxurious atmosphere. Everything from their Signature Hot Stone Massage to their Dermophysiologic Anti-Aging Treatment.
You will find an extensive menu of stress relieving treatments including massages, body wraps, body polishes, facials, nail treatments, wax services and seasonal specials. The Spa at Water’s Edge offers its guests use of the hotel’s indoor pool, jacuzzi, and fitness center. For more information click HERE.
- RESORT AMENITIES! Water’s Edge Resort & Spa has thought of everything to make your stay truly relaxing, fun and memorable.
The resort provides complimentary onsite parking and valet services, private beach access with (complimentary) umbrellas and chairs, indoor/outdoor pools, full-service spa, onsite restaurants, live entertainment, gift shop, seasonal outdoor dining, tennis courts, fitness center, room service, expansive meeting space, complimentary Wi-Fi, 24-hour business center with free printing and PC and much more.
- ACCESS TO AREA ATTRACTIONS! The resort is located on the shores of the Long Island Sound and offers a plethora of activities and amenities for hotel guests, including beach activities, boat rides, shopping and convenient access to attractions such as Gillette Castle State Park, Foxwoods Casino, Mohegan Sun Casino, museums, shops and entertainment. You are also close to outlets, movie theaters and restaurants.
- LIVE ENTERTAINMENT and SPECIAL EVENTS! Water’s Edge Resort & Spa has special events planned throughout the year. Everything from one-of-a-kind parties to holiday celebrations and dining events. Some upcoming events include A Tribute to Johnny Cash (Aug 10, 2014) and A Tribute to Barbra Streisand (Sept 6, 2014). For more information click HERE.
- WEDDING LOCATION! Who hasn’t daydreamed at least once about getting married to the love of their live on the beach? Water’s Edge Resort and Spa would make the perfect location for your wedding day! As a matter of fact it was named the “number-one wedding destination in Connecticut”! The resort can help you plan a celebration that is traditional or unconventional. Festive or formal. Intimate or a grand affair. Let the team at Water’s Edge Resort & Spa, including their talented culinary team and creative planners make your day unforgettable. For more information click HERE.
- BILL HAHN! Water’s Edge Resort & Spa originated from the vision of humanitarian Bill Hahn. Once a quaint seaside hotel became a full-fledged leader among Connecticut’s hotels. Bill Hahn, owner, was a great humanitarian with a heart as big as life. He had a love for people and an appetite for fun and was the consummate innkeeper. He was always involved with charity events, turning the hotel dining room into a “Broadway” stage where many a performer graced Bill Hahn’s spotlight, including Woody Allen, Art Carney and Barbra Streisand, to name a few. Also, in his lifetime, Bill Hahn became the single largest contributor to the American Cancer Society in the state of Connecticut. The Bill Hahn was purchased by current owner in 1981, and the legend continues and shines brighter as Water’s Edge Resort and Spa.
GAY & LESBIAN FACTOR: Water’s Edge Resort & Spa is located in the LGBT friendly state of Connecticut, where LGBT marriage became legalized in 2008. I found the resort to be very welcoming to both my wife Jennifer and I. Service was friendly and down-to-earth and we both felt completely at ease among the other guests. Water’s Edge Resort & Spa was extremely receptive and eager to welcome Gay Travel Information and would love to assist with wedding plans and/or special events! Having personally enjoyed this resort I can honestly say you will not only experience New England charm throughout, but a truly welcoming environment. A stay at one of the resort’s beachfront villas is worth the splurge and would make for a lovely weekend getaway with your significant other or a group of friends. You can also make the short trip to nearby area casinos, Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun, to enjoy the diversified nightlife! Gay mecca – Providence, Rhode Island – is located a mere 45 minutes away and offers a wide range of LGBT nightlife. Based on my experience I can happily say I “OUT” Water’s Edge Resort & Spa as LGBT friendly and worthy of our business.
My stay at Water’s Edge Resort & Spa was only for one night yet provided me with an absolutely memorable experience.
This is the REAL deal! The quintessential New England Resort in every sense.
I cannot wait to return.
Owner | Editor-In-Chief
Gay Travel Information | We Are Gay Friendly | Out & About Travel