Gay Travel Information: King’s Dedham – Las Vegas Style Bowling, Lounge & Dining!
KING’S DEDHAM / 600 Legacy Place / Dedham, MA 02026 / 781-329-6000
If you are looking for a Vegas-style, retro (yet modern) bowling alley with 60 HDTV’s, pulsating music, delicious food and an overall energetic vibe, King’s in Dedham, MA is the place for you!
My girlfriend Jennifer and I checked out King’s earlier this fall and fell in love with the place!
The mix of the red dim lighting and cozy seating made for a perfect date night setting as we dined in their restaurant prior to bowling.
The King’s Restaurant is a 130-seat restaurant & bar with a sleek, retro feel, comfortable booths and banquettes. It’s the perfect spot for lunch, after-work cocktail, dinner or snack.
Full menu service is available until 11pm everyday. Late night menu available until 12:45am.
If you are interested in bowling after dinner, be sure to take advantage of King’s Priority Lanes. Just like Las Vegas where high rollers receive “priority” treatment, it is no different at King’s. Call ahead for a Priority Lane reservation in King’s Restaurant, enjoy an entree, and move right up the waitlist for bowling! Available 7 days a week, as early as 5pm. Priority Lane reservations are for groups in size from 2-15 people.
The food at King’s was quite good, especially the desserts! Jen ordered the Margherita Pizza with red & yellow tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella cheese & basil. I ordered the Herb Grilled Chicken Breast with mashed potatoes & grilled asparagus.
Both dinner choices were excellent, however, it was the desserts that captured our hearts! We shared the Chocolate Banana Rum Spring Rolls with toasted coconut served over vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and the Homemade Triple Chocolate Cake with Hazelnuts & Creme Anglaise.
Oh. My. God. Both of these were beyond delicious and worth the guilty conscience I carried after the last bite. This alone is worth a visit to King’s! 😉
Let me also stress how pleasant the atmosphere of King’s Restaurant is! The lighting is dim, the seating is comfortable and provides perfect opportunities for cuddling and, if you’re lucky, a few smooches! 😉 I truly felt like I was in a Las Vegas lounge.
The bar was hopping and the staff was adorable and very accommodating. There was swing/lounge type music playing and an upscale/laid back vibe. I didn’t feel like I was in a small town in Massachusetts!
Since we dined in the restaurant we were on the Priority Bowling list and was quickly escorted to our lane after dinner. Nice touch!
King’s 20 bowling lanes have state-of-the-art graphics and, I am happy to say, one of the best selections of balls! 😉 There are plenty of weights available to suit your game!
Full service food and beverage is also available on the lanes.
Is there anything more fun than bowling in a Vegas-styled bowling ally with music blasting and tons of people laughing, smiling and having a good time?? I think not! 😉
Jen and I enjoyed our 2 game maximum and poked around the venue a bit more before leaving. We were already talking about our return as we exited Vegas and walked back into Massachusetts
- King’s features 20 ten pin bowling lanes
- Full Service Restaurant & Lounge
- Three Premium Bars
- 32-Seat Outdoor Patio
- 60 HDTV’s
- Four Unique Roller Ball Lanes
- Two Skee Ball Lanes
- Regulation Shuffleboard Table
- Hours: 4:00pm-1:00am on Mondays and 11:00am-1:00am Tuesday-Sundays.
- Open every Monday holiday at 11:00am.
- After 6:00pm King’s is a 21-plus establishment.
- King’s enforces a dress code Fridays & Saturdays after 6pm. Info can be found here: http://www.kingsdedham.com/kings/info_policies.php
- Bowling Prices / Shoe Rental: Before 6:00pm Tues-Thurs – $4.50; Fri-Mon – $6.00; After 6:00pm Sun-Thurs – $5.50; Fri-Sat – $7.00. All prices are per person/per game.
- Shoe rental is $3.50 per pair.
- 2 game maximum when on wait list.
- Roller Ball Prices: $5.00 per person/per game.
- Skee Ball Prices: $12.00 per 1/2 hour (prorated to the hour)
- Shuffleboard Prices: $10.00 per hour (prorated to the minute)
- College Night – Mondays starting at 9pm – No budget – No problem! Every Monday starting at 9pm, show your college ID and bowl HALF PRICE! 21+).
- Trivia Night – Mondays at 8pm – Try your hand at STUMP! Trivia, Monday nights at 8pm in Kings Lounge.
- Industry Night – Tuesday at 9pm – Do you work hard in the hospitality/service industry? If you work for a restaurant, bar or hotel, come to Kings Dedham and play hard! Tuesday nights, starting at 9pm, Kings Dedham is transformed into your own playground, where you’re the one being waited on for a change! 😉 Just show proof of employment in the service industry; bring your business card, paystub or King’s Industry Night card to earn free bowling, roller ball, skee ball and shuffleboard! No Cover! 21+!
- Wild Wednesdays! All-You-Can-Bowl for $10! Wednesdays at 9am! Looking for something fun to do to get over the hump? Searching for a great date that won’t break the bank? Every Wednesday, starting at 9pm Kings hosts All-You-Can-Bowl Wild Wednesday for just $10 per person! Stop worrying about funds and start focusing on fun!
- Karaoke Night – Fridays at 9pm – At the end of a long week, wouldn’t it be nice to showcase your talents for a room full of adoring fans? Now you can…with Karaoke nights at Kings Dedham! Try out their version of stress relief! They have a 65,000 song library! Bowl a few strings, enjoy a delicious dinner in King’s Restaurant, then come to the Kings Royal Room at 9pm on Friday nights for Karaoke!! No Cover!! 21+!!
- Live Music Nights – Coming Soon! The lounge at Kings Dedham will soon be rocking with Live Music Nights, with bands from Boston and beyond. Kings has a phenomenal sound system, a fantastic late-night menu and drinks served until 12:45am! No teo mention – NO COVER! 21+!! * Bowling Leagues – Now Forming! Contact Kings Dedham for more informaiton!
- Plan your OWN Event at Kings Dedham today!
Gay & Lesbian Factor: My partner and I felt VERY comfortable at King’s. We were openly affectionate and noticed several other gay couples the night we were there as well. The staff was very attentive and accommodating to us. Yes the vibe is primarily “straight” but gays & lesbians will most definitely feel welcome and comfortable here. My partner and I are currently planning a return visit with a group of friends! 🙂 With that said, I am hereby “OUTING” Kings Dedham as LGBT Friendly and worthy of our business!
King’s was the BEST bowling experience of my life! It was FUN, ATMOSPHERIC, provided a RETRO-CHIC VIBE and made my partner and I anticipate our return.
Whenever I need a “Vegas fix” I know exactly where to go —— King’s Dedham.