Gay Friendly Business Spotlight – Gola
Gola – Styles of yesteryear combined with today’s most sought after trends.
The holiday’s are upon us and I could think of no better gift than that of new sneakers — not just ANY sneakers, mind you — Gola sneakers!
Oh. How. I . Love. Sneakers.
One of my absolute favorite brands, Gola, feeds my sneaker addiction.
So many styles! So many colors! What’s a tomboy girl to do?
First, let me give you a little background info on this amazing brand.
The Gola Brand was born of humble beginnings in a small factory in 1905.
Since then the brand has experienced a roller coaster ride, surviving two World Wars & various other trials and tribulations to blossom in the 1960’s and 70’s as the pre-eminent sportswear brand.
Today Gola keeps true to its roots and has become of the most enduring and endearing sportswear and fashion brands in the UK. It’s fair to say that Gola has stood the test of time and made its mark on the fashion world. Gola creatively incorporates its unprecedented heritage into its flagship designs, by combining styles from yesteryear with today’s most sought after trends.
- The Gola Brand was born May 22, 1905.
- Gola’s history includes everything from making boots for the army during World War II as well as football and rugby boots.
- In 1968 ‘The Harrier’ training shoe, the flagship design of the Gola range was born. The ‘Harrier’ changed the British sportswear scene and became the must have training show of the late 60’s and 70’s.
- In 2000 Gola Classics is created; this builds on the brand’s British heritage but is fashion oriented.
- Gola celebrates it’s 100 year anniversary in 2005.
- In 2008 Gola celebrates 40 years of it’s most iconic trainer, the Gola ‘Harrier’. Nothing to do with the British born jump set, the Gola ‘Harrier’ was originally available in white/green, 40 years later the style has been produced in over 200 color combinations!
The sneakers I am loving this fall / winter 2014 season include:
I am really digging the burgundy color this season!
They look great with everything from jeans to green khakis!
Shop Gola’s latest fasions here: http://www.golausa.com
Owner / Editor-In-Chief
Gay Travel Information / We Are Gay Friendly | Out & About Travel