Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill – Fall River, MA
Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill / 1082 Davol Street / Fall River, MA 02720 / 1-508-676-REMY
Every so often I get to review a place that truly wins me over in every way possible. As is the case with Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill in Fall River, MA.
It could be the delicious food. The perfect location on the Fall River Waterfront. The sleek, sexy, sports bar steakhouse vibe. The massive “monster” screens that take your breath away when you walk inside. The friendly, efficient staff. The classy, yet youthful energy OR maybe it is the fact that the people behind the scenes, the owners of Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill, are just so damn likeable and REAL!
Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grille has brought the Fall River Waterfront to life since opening in October 2012. I eagerly anticipate the spring and summer when their outside deck opens and events, such as a country music fest, take place!
The moment you step inside you cannot help but be impressed. This is unlike any other sports bar and unlike any other steakhouse.
Their three massive “Screen Monsters” explode before your eyes creating a 45 foot video wall. It is without a doubt thee most impressive viewing experience on the East Coast. In addition, multiple hi-definition monitors surround the entire dining area.
The friendly hosts showed us to our table which provided a perfect view of both the expansive bar and restaurant itself.
Let’s discuss John Mascia, shall we? 🙂
John is a GOOD guy. No. Like REALLY – a GOOD guy. During the two hours Jennifer and I were lucky to spend with him, I felt such a connection and realness that it is almost impossible to express in words.
John is the type guy that “roots for you to succeed”. The type guy that has a big heart and wants to help you out. No bullshit. Just good intentions and genuine concern.
Maybe it was his Italian heritage that made me feel like I was part of his family, or that fact that he said I reminded him of his aunts growing up, whatever it was — he had me at hello! 😉
There is something SPECIAL about sitting down with the chief operating officer of a major restaurant, sharing food out of the same plate and talking as if you are friends from “way back when”. It warms your heart and makes you feel at ease and want to TRULY express your gratitude, which is what I am doing now.
John, and Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill, go above and beyond being “gay friendly.” They are gay supportive. They stand up for gay rights and go out of their way to have a diverse team.
Need I say more?
I was “this” close to forgetting I was a lesbian in John’s presence! 😉 Just sayin…..
Let’s discuss the food.
The food is not your typical “sports bar” type food. Sure you can find things like wings, burgers and nachos but they also have options that include Crispy Sweet Chili Calamari, Cider Seared Pork Chop, Chicken Fried Steak with Country Sausage Gravy, Chicken “Under a Brick”, Flat Iron Steak, Cubano Sandwich and German Style Bratwurst.
Jen and I were feeling adventurous and hungry so we sampled the following…..
Pan Seared Crab Cakes (made with preserved lemon butter, horseradish marmalade and ginger plum sauce), Crispy Sweet Chili Calamari (served with Asian slaw with ginger soy dressing & sweet, garlic chili sauce), BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders (on fresh baked roles on top of cole slaw) and Wings (special “Thai” flavored ones that were being served that evening and their Mango Habanaro with blue cheese).
Chicken “Under a Brick” (half chicken marinated with fresh thyme and rosemary, lemon juice and olive oil. Pan seared, “brick” pressed & finished with a cranberry shallot reduction. Served with wild mushroom risotto and green beans), Flat Iron Steak (rubbed with smoked sea salt, grilled & sliced thin, finished with a marsala demi-glace. Served with garlic mashed potatoes & green beans) and the Chipotle BBQ Ribs (served with fries and cole slaw).
Dessert: Browne Sundae (double fudge brownie topped with French vanilla ice cream, chopped nuts and whipped cream).
Now before you wonder if Jennifer and I went up two pant sizes, let me explain — we SAMPLED the above. We wanted to get a true feel for the food that Jerry Remy’s serves and I am so glad we tried everything we did.
The food is, hands down, delicious.
Jennifer is the seafood eater of the duo and she could not stop raving about the Calamari and Crab Cakes. She said the calamari was the best she had ever had and the combination of flavor between the ginger soy dressing and sweet, garlic chili sauce were perfection.
I am a huge fan of BBQ and had to pace myself with the BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders because I would’ve filled up on them for sure! Their BBQ sauce, which is made in house, is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy and highly addictive. The pork was moist and simply delicious.
This classic Tuscan dish is cooked under a brick, a FENWAY brick at that, YES, from thee Fenway Park, allowing the chicken to be crispy while sealing in all the juices and flavor. The risotto was creamy and almost brought me to tears, that is how delicious it was. I could still taste the perfect bite consisting of a piece of the chicken, scoop of risotto and cranberries.
I hate to say it but this dish, created by John Mascia, will be coming off the menu for the spring/summer as it is “too heavy” but will return next fall & winter. I can hardly wait!
The flat iron steak was cooked to perfection.
As a person who prefers well done, I am usually disappointed with the way steak comes out (usually dry and too crispy). The steak at Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill was both well done and moist. The home made garlic mashed potatoes were to die for and super creamy.
The BBQ Ribs were HUGE and again, cooked to perfection. The meat fell off the bones and the BBQ sauce is some of the best Jen and I have ever had.
Even though we were ready to be rolled out, John ordered us the Browne Sundae which, well, c’mon — what do you think? DELICIOUS, of course!!
Having been to many sports bars and steakhouses I can honestly say I was completely blown away by the quality of food. That is what makes Jerry Remy’s so special.
You have the fun, sports bar vibe mixed with classy, steakhouse, upscale food.
It is a match made in heaven!
All of their food is “made from scratch” and, as if their food isn’t good enough, they have an amazing selection of signature drinks.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- At time of this article Jerry Remi’s is getting ready to introduce their spring menu. They will introduce several new items each week starting this month, March.
- Some new spring menu items will include Bison burgers, Kobe Beef burgers and a full Vegetarian Menu!
- Jerry Remi’s Sports Bar & Grill in Fall River has a 100 square foot stage that sits above the restaurant. When bands play they are projected onto the massive monster screens so that everyone can see. Live music is planned for most Friday and Saturday nights with karaoke on Thursday nights. A fun fact is – when you sing karaoke – you get put on the big screens! Look extra pretty everyone! 😉
- Plans for the summer include live concerts out on their patio next to their replica of “THE GREEN MONSTER” of Fenway Park. Everything from Rock to Country music!
- Their outside deck seats 150 people and has a beautiful view of the Fall River Waterfront including Battleship Cove and Braga Bridge.
- Reservations are recommended and can be made vis http://www.opentable.com.
- As of now there are four Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill locations including: 1265 Boylston Street, Boston, MA (next to Fenway Park), 1082 Davol Street, Fall River, MA (overlooking Battleship Cove), 250 Northern Ave, Boston, MA (overlooking Boston Harbor) and Logan Airport, Terminal C, Boston, MA (JetBlue Terminal).
- Rumor has it that Jerry Remy’s has it’s eyes set on Providence and New Bedford as possible new locations.
- Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill offers SEASON PASSES, a “Golden Ticket”, for $1,500 and provides holders with access to all games at the restaurant, home and away. You receive $35 food and beverage credit for every visit, a 20% discount on merchandise sold at the restaurant and “guaranteed” seating for the pass holder and guests. Diners can also purchase a season pass for $500 or the “all-inclusive” home and away game package for $1,000. Season pass holders also get guaranteed seating and a $25 food and beverage credit for every visit. Jerry Remy’s calls their season passes, “the ultimate pass program for the most crazed Boston sports fanatics,” according to a news release from the restaurant. Sounds great to us! What a unique opportunity for a true sports enthusiast to catch every game in VIP style!
- Sunday-Thursday: 11:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Friday-Saturday: 11:00 AM – 1:00 AM
- Sunday-Thursday: 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Friday-Saturday: 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
- Click HERE for upcoming events.
- Tuesday – Build a Burger (Take their classic burger and build from there. Available all day & night. Dine in only.)
- Wednesday – Kids Eat Free! It’s halfway through the week and Jerry Remy’s knows parents need a break! Let them do the cooking, and your kids get to eat FREE! With every adult entree purchased, you will get to choose a FREE meal from the children’s menu.
- Thursday – $0.35 Wings! One of their most popular specials…$0.35 wings! Starting at 4:00 PM, order ANY drink (even non-alcoholic) and feast on the best wings in town. NO LIMIT! Choose your sauce from their every day offering, and ask your server for the special sauce of the day. Dine in only.
Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grille would make a perfect location for your large party event or meeting. With their contemporary cuisine complemented by a fully-stocked bar featuring twenty beers on tap and an extensive wine list, Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill in Fall River is the perfect setting to host your event.
- Viewing party
- Birthday party
- Corporate party
- Bachelor/bachelorette party
- Holiday party
- Bridal/baby showers
- Team-building events
GAY & LESBIAN FACTOR: As mentioned previously, the owners behind Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill are super gay friendly and supportive. This is the type restaurant/bar you will fall in love with and become a regular at. Where the friendly smiles of the servers and hosts will make you feel as if you are home. You will feel safe and welcome at Jerry Remy’s. They have a diverse staff and have a zero tolerance for any sort of homophobic b/s! There is no better place to enjoy a night out with friends, a romantic date or afternoon watching the game. Anytime would be a GREAT time to visit this amazing spot. I am wholeheartedly “OUTING” Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill Fall as LGBT friendly and worthy of our business.
It is the perfect afternoon and/or night out – spot.
The type place you can grab a delicious meal, have a cold drink, watch the game, catch up with friends, listen to live music, dance, sing, enjoy the view, but most importantly…..enjoy yourself and living.
Jerry Remy’s Sports Bar & Grill — this is living.
Out & About Travel / Gay Travel Information