Gay Travel Information: Providence Marriott Downtown – Providence, Rhode Island
Providence Marriott Downtown / 1 Orms Street / Providence, RI 02904 / 1-866-807-2171
My first impression as I walked into the Providence Marriott Downtown hotel was how beautiful their lobby was. I loved the orange & brown earth tones, swanky lighting and openness.
I noticed several people working on laptops, enjoying the hotel’s complimentary wireless Internet access. The hotel definitely had a buzz of excitement, both in the lobby and the hotel’s restaurant, Bluefin Grille.
The check-in process was smooth and quick and before I knew it my partner, Jennifer, and I were taking the elevator up to the 5th floor, The Concierge Level, to our 1 bedroom suite.
Concierge Level guests enjoy access to the Concierge Lounge for continental breakfast, evening hors d’oeuvres and honor bar. Breakfast is served Monday-Friday. Hors d’oeuvres are served Sunday-Thursday.
Our suite was super huge with a flat screen TV in the living room as well as in the bedroom. There is an upgraded bathroom and vanity amenities, and a separate living and dining area.
Marriott’s REVIVE bedding was heavenly and provided a beautiful nights sleep with it’s soft linens, fluffy pillows and down comforter.
All guestrooms feature:
- Blackout drapes
- Clock radio
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper (Mon-Fri)
- Complimentary toiletries
- Complimentary WIFI
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic room keys
- Iron/Ironing board
- Microwave (on request)
- Multi-line telephone
- Pay movies
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Rollaway beds
**GOOD TO KNOW** Providence Marriott Downtown is the only Providence lodging int he city to offer pet-friendly accommodations and free parking!
- Deluxe accommodations: Deluxe guestrooms are furnished with one king bed or two double beds. A spacious work desk, complimentary WIFI, two-line speaker phones and voicemail are convenient touches for business travelers visiting Providence, Rhode Island.
- Concierge Level Accommodations: Concierge level guests enjoy all the comforts and style of the deluxe accommodations, large bathroom with granite countertops and plush bathrobes, spectacular views of the Providence skyline, and access to the Concierge Lounge for continental breakfast, evening hors d’oeuvres and honor bar.
- Suites: 1 bedroom suites are perfect for guests who require more room. The beautiful suites feature high standard decor and services of the Concierge Level accommodations, plus upgraded bathroom and vanity amenities, and separate living and dining areas.
Hotel services & amenities:
- Entirely non-smoking property
- ATM/banking, foreign exchange
- Audio/visual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference rooms
- Dry cleaning services
- Event catering
- Express check-in/check-out
- Fitness center
- In-room fitness options
- Free newspaper available in lobby
- Free parking
- 24-hour front desk assistance
- Gift shop
- Meeting rooms
- Room service (limited)
- Safe deposit box (front desk)
- Swimming pool, indoor/outdoor
- Spa tub
- Television in lobby
- Wake-up calls
- Free self-parking
- Handicap access
- Complimentary hotel experiences
- Experience specialist
- Bluefin Grille (Seafood) – Globally inspired cuisine using fresh, locally grown ingredients and set in a casually elegant atmosphere. A favorite among locals and visitors alike. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner – Casual.
- Bluefin Lounge – The lounge features a bar menu full of favorites sure to satisfy every palate. Sophisticated yet causal, the lounge is one of the premier downtown Providence restaurants you don’t want to miss. Lunch/Dinner. Casual / No bathing suites.
- AQUA (American) – Discover AQUA, the city’s premier pool and private party experience! An oasis in the middle of the city, Providence Marriott Downtown’s blending of water, fire and sound creates a temptingly cool escape. Lunch/Dinner. Casual.
- Starbucks (Coffee House) – Grab your favorite drink, pastry or sandwich and chat with friends or relax with a good book. Breakfast. Casual.
Treat yourself at the G. Salon and Spa. Be pampered from the moment you arrive! Services include: hair coloring, hair styling, massages, facials, manicures/pedicures, Paraffin hand treatments, Spa restaurant and waxing. Appointments are required. 401-272-8778 (ext 7040).
FITNESS & RECREATION:
- Club Pace – Cardiovascular equipment, free weights, whirlpool, indoor/outdoor pool, cybex workout and circuit.
- Fitness classes: Fee
- Fitness services: State of the art fitness center.
- Special guest privileges: 24-hour key card access with room key.
- Swimming: Indoor pool / towels provided; Outdoor pool (seasonal) / towels provided / heated. Special features: Indoor/outdoor connecting pool. Whirlpool.
- Club Pace Fitness Center & Pool Membership – The Providence Marriott Downtown offers membership to their Fitness Center, Club PACE, that includes access to AQUA, outdoor/indoor pool, whirlpool and work out area. The hours are Monday-Friday 5:30am-10:00pm; and Sundays 5:30am-10:00pm. Call 401-272-2400 for more information.
Providence Marriott Downtown offers some amazing package deals. Click here for more information!
Jen and couldn’t wait to check out AQUA, which was voted best outdoor lounge in Rhode Island!
I LOVE everything about AQUA! I love how the orange and navy blue coloring, mixed with the color blue of the pool and brick popped.
I love the bar, cabanas and fire pits, which, if it wasn’t almost 100 degrees outside, I am sure would’ve been lit!
Yes, 100 degrees! Jen and I experienced AQUA during a heat wave, but really, what a perfect place to do so! I saw lots of guests enjoying Marriott’s beautiful indoor/outdoor pool and relaxing on lounge chairs with tropical drinks in their hands.
We sat at one of the poolside tables and ordered drinks. Jen ordered a Pina Colada and I, a Pepsi, of course! 😉
Jen raved about the drink and said it was made perfectly and was just what she needed on such a hot day.
Service was quick and friendly, which is always a great thing and boy, doesn’t that look yummy!! MMM!!
The Providence Marriott Downtown offers an AQUA Escape Package (Memorial Day-Columbus Day) which includes: Deluxe room accommodations – pool side, Pool side rooms offer a welcome amenity with official AQUA reusable tote bag, signature sports bottle, sunscreen, aloe gel, and signature rubber duckie. Rooms also come equipped with upgraded bath amenities.
The web site describes AQUA as a “paradise in a resort-like atmosphere” and I couldn’t agree more!
The second you walk through the doors leading to AQUA, you feel worlds away from the city.
FEATURES OF AQUA:
- Voted best Outdoor Lounge in Rhode Island by Rhode Island Monthly Magazine.
- Join the AQUA Club – VIP Membership – receive the royal treatment.
- Four fire pits that welcome intimate gatherings.
- Three luxurious cabanas that cover you in sophisticated elegance. Reservation required for private cabana use; spa services also available by G Salon & Spa – by appointment.
- Cocktail services throughout AQUA as well as a full bar creates a professional service atmosphere unlike any other in Providence.
- An innovative menu adds another unmatched element.
- Exclusive private smoking area featuring a Cigar/Cognac Menu.
- Providence’s largest pool and ONLY indoor/outdoor pool – day passes available Monday-Thursday!
- For cabana reservation information call: 401-272-2400.
- AQUA 2012 menu http://www.marriottprovidence.com/images/Aqua-Dinner-Menu.pdf
- AQUA catering menu http://www.marriottprovidence.com/images/Aqua-Catering-Menu.pdf
- AQUA cocktails menu http://www.marriottprovidence.com/images/Aqua-Cocktails-Menu.pdf
GAY & LESBIAN FACTOR: Providence Marriott Downtown is truly a gay friendly establishment. Anything this fabulous has to be, right? 😉 I had the pleasure of working with marketing director, Jennifer Dahler who made Gay Travel Information’s stay delightful. Jennifer and I were treated so wonderful from the moment we checked in. One great feature of Providence Marriott Downtown is its close proximity to all of Providence’s gay nightlife! You are walking distance to many popular nightclubs, but, then again, you have AQUA right here at the hotel and trust me, AQUA is a HOT place to be! I would gather up a group of friends, rent a cabana and make a night of it! Better yet, stay overnight and take advantage of the AQUA Escape Package! Soak up the sun and then cool off in the sexy indoor/outdoor pool. I may sound like a broken record, but it is so important to support gay friendly businesses. Businesses that truly go out of their way to market to the LGBT community. The Providence Marriott Downtown does just that. I am officially “OUTING” Providence Marriott Downtown as LGBT friendly and worthy of our business.
I feel so lucky to have finally discovered AQUA, which I had heard so much about, not to mention the hotel itself. Between the plush accommodations, dining options, spa, gym, and, of course AQUA, everything you could possibly want in a getaway can be found at Providence Marriott Downtown.
I enthusiastically give it two thumbs up and cannot wait to return!!
Out & About Travel / Gay Travel Information