Chatham Bars Inn – Chatham, Cape Cod, MA
Chatham Bars Inn / 297 Shore Road / Chatham, Cape Cod, MA 02633 / 1-800-527-4884
Chatham Bars Inn is known as New England’s finest oceanfront luxury resort & spa. It has been called “One of the top resorts in the world” by Conde Nast Traveler (Gold List). It has a 4 Diamond AAA Award Rating and is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World. The resort was even featured on the Travel Channel’s “Great Hotels” show, hosted by Samantha Brown. The list of awards & honors are endless (click here). To say I was honored to be reviewing such an opulent New England hotel is an understatement.
As you pull up to the front of Chatham Bars Inn, the beauty will take your breath away. The hotel is grand in every sense. The ocean view is just the icing on the cake! 😉
Chatham Bars Inn opened in 1914. Even though the hotel is meticulously taken care of and modernized, you can feel the turn-of-the-century charm the second you step inside. That “grand hotel” feel is prevalent every where you look.
The expansive lounge, front veranda and main dining room have been returned to their original grandeur, affording panoramic views.
I don’ think any greater view of the cape exists than the one my partner Jennifer and I experienced on the front porch of Chatham Bars Inn.
The Inn consists of three different room types. The Main Inn. Cottage Rooms and Spa Suites.
Jennifer and I stayed in one of their spacious, newly constructed, New England style cottages with a gorgeous oceanfront view of the Atlantic Ocean.
These cottages are spaced far apart to provide the uttermost privacy.
On our walk to the cottage we were taken by the properties gorgeous landscape….we even saw bunnies running around!
The second we stepped inside our cottage we were taken by the bay windows that offered a sweeping view of the ocean. There was a gas fireplace, mini bar area with Nespresso coffee maker, mini fridge, fully stocked refreshment center and flat screen TV.
The decor is exactly what one wants when staying at a Cape Cod luxury seaside resort. The cottage was bright and cheery and made me feel like it was mid summer instead of early spring!
We loved the feel of the bedroom with another flat screen TV, Bose wave radio, luxury bed linens and Tempurpedic bed.
The bathroom was spotless with Aveda bath and body products. There was even an extra sink outside the bathroom for convenience.
After soaking in the ambiance of our cottage, we headed out to explore the area which made for an extremely scenic afternoon drive!
When we returned to the cottage, we were surprised to find turn down service! Classical music was playing on the Bose, the lights were dimmed, fireplace on, slippers laid out and chocolates on the bed. Talk about putting an EXTRA BIG smile on one’s face! 🙂
The bed was beyond comfortable! My partner and I decided to rent a movie since the resort has many movies that are still in theatres and enjoyed the coziness of our romantic room.
The next morning, after checkout, we headed to the main dining room for breakfast but unfortunately missed it by a few minutes (they stop serving at 11am). We did manage to take photos of the gorgeous area and could only imagine how fantastic breakfast would’ve tasted with such a breathtaking view. Next time!
- Chatham Bars Inn has 3 different room types. The Main Inn, Cottage Rooms and Spa Suites. Click here for more info. The Spa Suites are brand new and are located above the Spa. The suites are 600 square feet and cater to adults seeking solitude featuring oversized hydrotherapy tubs, sauna, steam shower and fireplaces. Each room is equipped with a built-in massage table so guests can receive in room spa treatments. Sounds pretty spectacular if you ask us!
- The resort offers Wi-Fi
- All rooms have luxurious bed linens, Aveda bath products, Robes & Slippers, Bose wave radios, flat screen TV’s, Nespresso coffee makers and fully stocked refreshment centers
- Chatham Bars Inn has a plethora of activities to choose from! Everything from private excursions to Martha’s Vineyard & Nantucket to offshore deep sea fishing, whale watching, barrier beach walks, tennis, croquet and biking. Other activities include relaxing in the spa, taking an antique car tour or enjoying afternoon tea.
- The Spa at Chatham Bars Inn is unlike any other spa. The newest addition to the resort, The Spa at Chatham Bars Inn, allows you to define your own personal spa experience. The Spa includes wet and dry treatment rooms, a Vichy shower room, and an outdoor relaxation pool surrounded by lushly landscaped gardens with private cabanas. Click here for more information.
- The resort has a stat-of-the-art fitness center which is open 24 hours a day and features both cardio and strength training equipment.
- Chatham Bars Inn has a private quarter mile beach. Complimentary chairs, umbrellas, cabanas and chaise lounges are available on the beach.
- Chatham Bars Inn provides an unforgettable poolside experience! Unfortunately we were here during off season, but in season their oceanfront heated pool enjoys views of Pleasant Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. Bordered by their private sandy beach, the pool is surrounded by private cabanas, cushioned chaise lounges, lush beach grass and flowers. An underwater sound system completes the experience. Food and beverage service is available poolside or in the privacy of your cabana. The outdoor relaxation pool at the Spa is for adults only staying in the Spa Suites or enjoying a Spa treatment. After your dip in the pool, you can enjoy a spa treatment in one of the resort’s outdoor treatment rooms overlooking the Japanese Zen Gardens.
- Chatham Bars Inn is very kid friendly! There is a broad range of activities for the children. For more information click here.
- Chatham Bars Inn has the reputation as one of the best wedding locations in the New England! They offer a variety of distinctive settings to accommodate Cape weddings. Click here for more information.
- Chatham Bars Inn would make the perfect setting for your meeting or special event! Click here for more information.
- * The Main Dining Room offers panoramic views of the spectacular Atlantic Ocean. New England seafood is their specialty. Walk-ins welcome, but reservations are strongly recommended. Click here for menu’s.
- The Sacred Cod Tavern is an authentic New England-style, cozy, comfortable, warm and welcoming restaurant. Click here for menu’s.
- * Beach House Grill is located on the sands of Chatham Bars Inn private beach and is one of the best spots on the Cape for oceanfront dining. This indoor/outdoor restaurant is family friendly, offering only the freshest seasonal seafood and casual dining fare. Be sure to look into family theme nights including their famous Cape Cod Clambake! Click here for more info.
- Other dining spots include The Veranda (opened seasonally), South Lounge and Harbor View Room. Click here for more info.
- The resort offers special deals and packages throughout the year! For up-to-the-minute information please click here.
GAY & LESBIAN FACTOR: Chatham Bars Inn is a very gay friendly resort that would be the prefect romantic getaway or summertime escape. You are close to quaint Chatham village and less than 45 minutes to Provincetown, which is one of the top gay & lesbian destinations in the world. My partner and I were treated very warmly at check-in and Jennifer Allard, marketing coordinator, was very welcoming to being featured on Gay Travel Information’s web site. I would not only recommend this property to clients looking to travel to the Cape Cod region, but also to family and friends looking to celebrate a special occasion, host a wedding or enjoy a honeymoon. It is a truly spectacular, grand resort and must be experienced!
I knew everything about my stay at Chatham Bars Inn was going to be phenomenal. I feel extremely lucky to have experienced such a place. Everything was wonderful off season, I can only imagine how magical it is during peak season. I would love to return during the height of summer to enjoy not only their private beach but their gorgeous pools and oceanfront dining.
On a side note, which I felt it very important to mention, during a quick stop at Sandi’s Diner in Chatham, we were talking with the very personable waitress, Rosemary, who raved about Chatham Bars Inn and how much they give back to the local community. She explained how they provide dinner for local school kids during Thanksgiving time and what a big deal this is to them. She said they also take part in the 4th of July parade and Giving Tree during Christmas. She and her husband try and visit at least once during the year to enjoy the resort’s amenities. She glowed as she talked about this local treasure.
I must admit….I basked in her glow as someone that can now say is familiar with the magic that is Chatham Bars Inn.