Gay Travel Information: NYLO Hotel – Providence/Warwick, RI – Gay Friendly Accommodations!
NYLO Providence-Warwick / 400 Knight Street / Warwick, RI 02886 / 401-734-4460
I’ve had the NYLO Hotel in Warwick, Rhode Island on my radar for quite some time. Earlier this month my partner Jennifer and I were lucky enough to finally experience this chic, ultra-modern hotel.
There are several things I liked about NYLO before even entering the hotel itself.
First off it has a fantastic location! NYLO Hotel Warwick is located across the street from Warwick Mall and the new Fat Belly’s Irish Pub & Restaurant. It is conveniently located 3 miles from TF Green Airport, overlooks the beautiful Pawtuxet River, and Providence is less than 10 miles away.
Second, the hotel has free parking which is always an appreciated feature.
Third, NYLO is located in a very cool, restored old mill which gives it instant charm and character.
I had read on the hotel’s web site that the hotel had an “innovative design” and “hip disposition” but nothing prepared me for the “WOW” factor that hit me when I entered this gorgeous hotel.
The area that truly sticks out is the lobby which has a lounge type atmosphere with it’s swinging circular chair, mini tables, board games, library assortment of books and Mac computer available for guest use.
The entire vibe is relaxed with soft music and lighting.
As you can see, Jen basked in the coolness of the lobby while I checked us in! 🙂
NYLO has a sleek, industrial look with different shades of gray and blue as well as colorful art work on the walls.
I felt like a kid at Christmas as I opened the door to our room.
The first word Jen and I said was, “WOW!” Then came the, “OH MY GOD THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!” and “THIS IS UNBELIEVABLY COOL!”
The 300 square feet loft style room was illuminated with the softest lighting (THANK YOU NYLO!) The king sized bed dominates the room with its plush bedding as does the frosted glass shower, 32″ inch flat screen TV and ergonomic work station.
Quite honestly this is one of the nicest hotel rooms Jen and I had ever stayed at and we have reviewed lots of different properties.
The bathroom was sleek, however, the openness of the shower took a bit getting use to! 😉
The bed was extremely comfortable as was the couch.
NYLO Providence/Warwick Guestroom Amenities
- Complimentary bottled spring water
- Complimentary high speed Internet access (wired and wireless)
- Cable / satellite TV
- Video on Demand Services
- Clock radio with iPod docking features
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deluxe NYLO toiletries
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic / magnetic room keys
- Free local and domestic long distance telephone calls
- Rain Shower Heads w/ Handheld device
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Multi-line telephone
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Microwave (on request)
- Voice mail
- NYLO hotel Warwick has 163 loft-style guestrooms and 4 suites featuring soaring ceiling, exposed brick walls and oversized windows for wide-angle views of the Pawtuxet River.
Original work by local artists complements the lofts’ contemporary furnishings. Find out more information on the rooms by clicking HERE.
- NYLO hotel Warwick also offers 42 Pure Allergy Friendly Rooms that feature cutting edge technology for sensitive sinuses.
- NYLO hotel Warwick provides free high-speed Wi-Fi and wired Internet services.
- NYLO hotel Warwick has complimentary parking.
- NYLO hotel Warwick provides a complimentary airport shuttle.
- Check-in time is 3:00pm; Check-out time is 11:00am.
- Meeting rooms are modern, energized, and creative. There is 1,450 square feet of meeting space and team of planners to help you coordinate a memorable and affordable event. Professional catering, audio/visual equipment rentals and group rates on room blocks for meeting and event attendees.
- The hotel has a 24 hour fitness center with his and her saunas.
- The hotel provides nearly round-the-clock food service from the hotel’s onsite restaurant, ‘The Loft Restaurant & Lounge’.
- NYLO Hotel Warwick is Rhode Island’s Greenest Hotel and was the first to operate with 100% reusable energy credits. They use high-tech natural water purification for all bottled water served in the restaurant. Take out containers & utensils are biodegradable.
- NYLO Hotel Warwick’s onsite restaurant, ‘The Loft Restaurant & Lounge’ is a social hub fashionably designed with a sleek, hip, undersea decor. The beautiful shades of blue & white mixed with modern furniture gives the restaurant a European vibe. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a MUST do when staying at this hotel. Be sure to check out the beautiful white pool table in the back! 😉
- NYLO Hotel Warwick offers personalized wedding planning assistance from a NYLO associate, wedding packages to fit any budget, professional catering, group rates on accommodations with full-service amenities, and a prime location with access to popular Providence-area attractions.
Jen and I made sure to check out NYLO’s restaurant, ‘The Loft Restaurant & Lounge’, for breakfast.
We were completely blown away by the design and the outdoor patio (3,000 square feet overlooking the Pawtuxet River).
The best part is that ‘The Loft Restaurant & Lounge’ isn’t just a “pretty face”, the food was fabulous!
Jen ordered their french toast and I ordered a bagel and homefries. This may sound like simple food, but it was anything but. How a restaurant can make an ordinary bagel taste so good is beyond me and if you like your french toast thick and not domineered by the egg, then you need to rush here for breakfast. We will have to return very soon to check out their dinner menu.
According to the hotel’s web site, the Loft’s full-service bar is stocked with top-shelf favorites and features a fabulous drink menu of creative mixes and traditional standbys.
I feel very lucky to have NYLO Hotel Warwick right in “my back yard” (Jen and I live in Rhode Island). The hotel has some enticing packages, including a romance package that includes an overnight stay in a loft room with king bed, champagne, dinner for 2 and a free in-room movie. The package is $199 – excellent deal! We will be back for sure.
Gay & Lesbian Factor: NYLO is an extremely gay friendly property. It’s sleek, urban decor is sure to make gays & lesbians swoon. I also witnessed several other gay couples during my visit and received a very warm welcome from the staff when I enquired about doing a review of the property for Gay Travel Information’s web site. The hotel is also located less than 10 minutes to Providence’s gay & lesbian nightlife. NYLO gets a perfect 10 on the LGBT gay friendly scale! 😉 With that said I am hereby “outing” NYLO Hotel Warwick as gay & lesbian friendly and worthy of our business.
Everything about NYLO Hotel Wawick is impressive!
Looks and substance = perfection! 😉
Out & About Travel