Stowe Cabins in the Woods – Perfect, Gay and Lesbian Friendly Accommodations!
Stowe Cabins in the Woods / Route 100 / Waterbury, VT / 1-(802)-244-853
Beautiful Vermont Cabins in a Picturesque New England Woodland Setting
After my recent stay at Stowe Cabins in the Woods in Waterbury, Vermont, it’s clear that proprietor since 2007, Edward Drill, is a man that not only takes great pride in his property, but also loves what he does.
Ed warmly greeted my partner Melanie and I upon arrival and offered to give us a tour of the cabins.
There are 9 cabins in total.
- Three 2 small bedroom cabins with 1 bedroom with full bed; 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds (bunk) + new-generation futon in living room (cabins 3, 4, 5).
- One 1 bedroom with queen bed + full-size new-generation futon in living room (cabin 2).
- One 2 large bedroom cabins with 1 bedroom with king bed & queen sleeper sofa; 1 bedroom with queen bed + full-size, new-generation futon in living room (cabin 10).
- The newest cabin, cabin #11, built in 2008, is a special cabin perfect for couples! It has a king bed, sofa, loveseat, full size kitchen, living room with through-the-wall gas fireplace to bedroom, wall-mounted 26″ flat screen cable TV, whirlpool bathtub & bathroom. This is the cabin Melanie and I were lucky enough to stay in (more on that later).
All cabins, except cabin # 11, are pet friendly. They all have a kitchen, gas woodstove or gas fireplace, cable TV, full bath, lines, towels, cookware, tableware and free Wi-Fi. Cabins # 2 and 11 have a whirlpool tub. Cabin # 10 currently does not have Wi-Fi. All cabins have a charcoal or gas grill.
Ed also informed us that all cabins, except cabin # 11, by the time this article is posted, will have new futons with an 8″ mattress.
All cabins, besides the newer cabin # 11, have a retro vibe to them.
Cabin # 11 is the most modern and luxurious, however, all cabins are meticulously taken care of, extremely clean and perfect for different needs.
For example, large groups would do fantastic in the two large bedroom cabin (#10), which can sleep up to 8 people! It is extremely spacious with a huge kitchen and living room.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Stowe cabins are conveniently located off Route 100, only 2 miles from the Stowe town line.
- Stowe cabins are located in a beautiful, secluded forest, yet close enough to all that the Stowe resort area has to offer. You will truly have peace and quiet while staying here.
- Stowe cabins has hundreds of acres of woodland managed by the Green Mountain Club just outside your door. This is perfect for snowshoeing in the winter and hiking in the summer!
- Stowe cabins is extremely affordable and an excellent bargain. Cabins during off season start as low as $109 and $159 during high season. Where else can you get an entire cabin, in such a great location, for this price? Rates are total based on two people in a cabin. Add $10 for each additional person, per night.
- Edward lives in a house on the grounds, so he is always close by and available in case of an emergency.
- Edward has an adorable dog named Sammy….reason enough to visit! 😉
- Buckets hang on trees throughout the property to tap for maple syrup. This is very exciting as it is one of the many reasons visitors travel from around the world in springtime to Vermont.
- Waterbury is a cute town with lots of great shops and restaurants. A must stop place for lunch or dinner is Cider House Pub & BBQ.
After our tour of the cabins, Ed showed Melanie and I to our cabin for the evening, # 11. I wasn’t prepared for what I saw when he opened the door.
Cabin # 11 is quite simply, gorgeous. Pictures don’t do it justice! It has a romantic, modern, rustic feel and is perfect for couples.
The ceiling, made out of cedar, was a personal favorite of mine, however, the first thing that caught my eye, beside how large the cabin feels and the beautiful ceiling fan, was the double sided gas fireplace. Wow. This allows the guest to enjoy the fireplace in the bedroom as well as the living room and kitchen. Beautiful touch!
Next is the stunning Whirlpool that is situated in the corner of the living room underneath a cedar canopy. This gives the guests the benefit of enjoying the fireplace and TV while relaxing.
There is a Bose sound system. A 26″ flat screen TV that is mounted on the wall and turns so that you can watch it either in the living room or bedroom.
The kitchen is large with all necessary appliances, cookware & tableware as well as a bar area with 2 stools.
The bedroom is very spacious with (an extremely comfortable) king size bed and adjustable lighting.
The bathroom, located off the bedroom, is also spacious with a double seats inside the shower.
Ed designed the layout of this cabin. He said it was the one thing the resort was missing when he purchased it in 2007. He couldn’t have done a better job. Truly.
I was amazed when he said the cabin goes for $159 per night during low season and only $229 per night during high season. This is, by far, one of the best lodging deals I have heard about!
That evening Melanie and I slept better than we had in ages. The bed and pillows were heavenly soft and the fireplace kept us nice and toasty warm throughout the night.
We were sad to be checking out the next day, but knew we would definitely return in the future.
Edward was extremely gracious to my partner and I. Gays and lesbians would feel extremely welcome here, as is the case with most of Vermont.
This would make a fantastic weekend getaway or a great place to stay during the Stowe Gay & Lesbian Ski Week! Of course there is also the fall foliage season and outdoor summer activities. What I am trying to say is that ANYTIME of the year would be a GREAT time to stay here! 🙂
The location, value, amenities and service are unparallel.
I am hereby “OUTING” Stowe Cabins as gay & lesbian friendly and worthy of our business.
Beautiful Vermont Cabins in a Picturesque New England Setting!