The Charmant Hotel – La Crosse, WI
The Charmant Hotel | 101 State Street, La Crosse, WI 54601 | 1-608-519-8800
The Charmant Hotel, a renovated candy factory built in 1898, is a 67-room luxury boutique hotel in downtown La Crosse, Wisconsin.
Architectural details of the original building have been preserved and reimagined, including maple wood flooring, wood beams, and exposed brick. Some say these materials still emanate the sweet smell of candy. Regarding our name, Charmant was a premium line of chocolates produced by the resident candy company. Charmant is also the French word for “charming,” reflecting the hotel’s friendliness, whimsy, and allure.
Embracing locals and visitors alike, the Charmant is the coeur—heart—of hospitality in La Crosse. Rooms and suites feature premium amenities. Event spaces are available for business gatherings. The hotel’s inviting restaurant serves rustic French cuisine, from a menu consisting of café-inspired classics as well as daily specials highlighting seasonal produce. Utilizing regionally sourced ingredients, the dishes emerging from the open kitchen are fresh, simple, and down-to-earth. Additional food and beverage venues at the Charmant include a lobby bar and lounge, a “parlour” offering coffee and spirits, a rooftop bar serving wood-fired pizza, and a sweet bar with pastries and handmade confections.
At The Charmant Hotel, guests are treated with warmth, attentiveness, and an understanding of how to make them feel at home. The hotel’s upscale amenities ensure the comfort, convenience, and enjoyment of both locals and out-of-town visitors.
Rooms and Suites
To meet the differing needs of guests, The Charmant Hotel offers refined accommodations in six room types. Amenities in every room at our downtown La Crosse hotel include a 48-inch flat-screen high-definition TV, Bongo Bluetooth speaker, Euro-top mattress, double vanity, rainfall shower, hair dryer, C.O. Bigelow bath products, iron and ironing board, safe, minibar featuring local products, desk, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Some rooms also offer bathtubs, sleeper sofas, sitting areas, private balconies, and views of the Mississippi. Upon check-in, guests receive a special treat from Indulgence Chocolatiers. Learn more about available room types at Charmant Hotel HERE.
Restaurant and Bars
For the convenience and culinary delight of guests, The Charmant Hotel provides a multitude of dining options. The Restaurant serves rustic French–inspired cuisine in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. The Lobby Bar & Lounge features craft beer, wine, spirits, and a modified version of the menu served at The Restaurant.
The Parlour functions as a coffee bar during the day and a wine bar at night. The Rooftop Terrace serves delicious wood-fired pizza and handcrafted cocktails. The Sweets Bar tempts guests with handmade chocolates 24 hours a day.
Meeting and Event Spaces
The Charmant Hotel’s modern and charming La Crosse event spaces include the Serenada, a 613-square-foot meeting room with a capacity of 50; the Royal Crown, a 338-square-foot boardroom that accommodates up to 14; and an elegant pre-function area. The Restaurant (including the Private Dining Room), The Parlour, and the Rooftop Terrace may also be booked for business and social gatherings.
Fitness and Spa
The hotel’s 24-hour fitness center has two Cybex treadmills, a Cybex Total Body Arc Trainer, and an adjustable workout bench. The gym offers open-matted space for stretching and for using free weights, stability balls, and other workout aids. Off-site fitness options are also available.
Hotel Charmant can coordinate services for our guests with a local spa and salon.
The hotel is happy to arrange private transportation to and from La Crosse Regional Airport and other locations throughout the city.
Valet parking service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Overnight parking is available for a daily charge of $15. Visitor parking is available at $5 per car. Street parking is available around the hotel.
The Charmant Hotel is dog-friendly. They allow dogs of any number and size in guest rooms for a one-time fee of $50. Guests traveling with a dog are advised to affix a tag with the hotel’s address to the animal’s collar and to bring any necessary supplies, such as a leash, carrier, bed, food, bowls, toys, treats, medications, and waste bags. The hotel asks that dogs not be left unattended in guest rooms, for their own comfort and well-being. The hotel’s associates are available to arrange pet-sitting services around town.
The Charmant Hotel offer an array of packages. For up-to-the-minute information click HERE.
RESTAURANTS & BARS:
In addition to being within walking distance of countless restaurants, bars, and breweries, The Charmant Hotel offers a wide variety of dining options on-site. The Charmant Hotel takes a thoughtful and sustainable approach to food and drink, sourcing from regional farmers and purveyors, and working with local breweries and spirit makers. They are proud to offer menus that highlight products and ingredients representative of the local area at their downtown La Crosse hotel.
- The Restaurant – The Restaurant serves rustic French–inspired cuisine in a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. Utilizing the best of the season’s offerings, the dishes emerging from the open kitchen are fresh, simple, and down-to-earth. The Restaurant is open seven days a week for breakfast, brunch (Saturday and Sunday), lunch, and dinner (closed Sunday night, with food available in the Lobby Bar & Lounge). A large outdoor patio, open as the weather permits, provides a spectacular view of the Mississippi River. The Private Dining Room inside The Restaurant seats 12 for tasteful gatherings.
- The Parlour – The Parlour functions as a coffee bar during the day and a spirits and wine bar by night. At any time during operating hours, guests can enjoy a pastry and artisanal coffee, espresso drink, tea, or The Charmant Hotel’s signature hot chocolate. In the evening, The Parlour’s comfortable seating and cozy fireplace make it a relaxed spot for sipping wine, champagne, spirits, or cordials paired with chocolates or a light snack.
- Lobby Bar & Lounge – The Lobby Bar & Lounge is a convivial meeting place for our La Crosse hotel guests and locals alike. Offerings include a variety of regional craft and domestic beers, thoughtfully selected wines and spirits, and sensational cocktails. Open at 11 a.m. daily it features a modified menu of the rustic French–inspired cuisine served in The Restaurant. The Lobby Bar & Lounge is the perfect setting for a casual lunch or dinner. Join us for Sunday Supper from 5 p.m.-9 p.m. every Sunday for an ever changing weekly feature such as fried chicken or classic coq au vin.
- The Rooftop Terrace – Perched atop the hotel in downtown La Crosse, the lively Rooftop Terrace provides sweeping views of the city. Canvas sails offset direct sunlight during the day, and gas-burning fireplaces lend warmth at night. The bar serves beer, wine, and handcrafted cocktails, to accompany the Rooftop Terrace’s specialty: wood-fired pizza. Bar snacks, such as marinated olives, and Marcona almonds, are available for noshing. The Rooftop Terrace is open as the weather permits.
- Sweet Bar – The Sweets Bar offers handmade chocolates 24 hours a day. Its stunning display of specialty chocolates from Indulgence Chocolatiers can be enjoyed on-site or taken home—as a reminder of the hotel that used to be a candy factory!
MEETINGS & EVENTS:
The Charmant Hotel makes a fine backdrop for a variety of events, including corporate gatherings, board meetings, cocktail parties, wedding ceremonies and receptions, bridal and baby showers, holiday celebrations, and festive meals. With their modern and charming La Crosse event spaces, creative banquet menu, diverse dining options, exceptional staff, well-appointed guest rooms, and proximity to local attractions, The Charmant Hotel is an ideal venue for your next business or social occasion. Learn more HERE.
Learn more about gay friendly Charmant Hotel by visiting – http://www.thecharmanthotel.com/.